1. a funeral song or tune, or one expressing mourning in commemoration of the dead; a funeral hymn or lament.
2. any composition resembling such a song or tune in character, as a poem of lament for the dead or solemn, mournful music.
3. a mournful or elegiac poem or other literary work.
4. a mournful sound resembling a dirge.
5. Ecclesiastical: the office of the dead, or the funeral service as sung.
Etymology: Middle English dir(i)ge, from the beginning of an antiphon in the Latin requiem (Dirige, Domine, deus meus, in conspectu tuo viam meam).
The chills that just came down my spine. You guys don’t understand.
that was intense. wow.
I thought he was building a robot ;(
Was not expecting that